Online Membership is free!
The NSW Dental Assistants’ (Professional) Association Inc.
is involved in providing courses, seminars and workshops. In other words, education and training and continuing education
opportunities for dental assistants. We are recognised as a registered training organisation for delivering the Certificate III
in Dental Assisting course.
- To promote general recognition of Dental Assistants as health care professionals
- Provide care, support and advice on the needs of members
- To promote and provide a high standard of education and training for dental assistants
- Provide a network of health professionals to share knowledge and experience
- Represent the views of Dental Assistants at official levels
- Registered Training Organisation with VETAB accreditation
- Deliver Certificate III in Dental Assisting – a Nationally recognised training course for Dental Assistants through face to face tuition and a flexible delivery pathway
- Seminars & Workshops on Infection Control, & Occupational Health & Safety in the Dental Clinic
- Convention for Dental Assistants
- Employment register
- In Surgery training and advice
- Monthly Continuing Education/Professional Development courses
- Website access and information
Benefits of Membership
- Support of your association representing the views & employment conditions of dental staff
- Discounts on all NSW DAA activities
- Quarterly newsletter keeping you updated on dental issues
- Access to website and current issues/forums
- Opportunity to network amongst like professionals on-line & at meetings & seminars
- Full membership has voting rights at Annual General Meeting
- Access to advice and support
- Personal access to our website and members only area
- Above all you will be supporting us in continuing to promote dental assistants (as we have been doing for over 50 years) and have them
recognised as valuable health care professionals
Types of Membership
- Full Professional Membership $70.00pa - Full voting rights, Participation on any committee.
- Associate Professional Membership $35.00pa - No voting rights or committee participation
(The above association is primarily concerned with the education and skilling of dental assistants, not including industrial representation.)
- Industrial advice, representation and support phone 02 9427 6162 for information
The Association values your support and would encourage you to get involved in our professional activities.
Just download, print and complete the form below and send, enclosing cheque or money order or credit card details to the address provided on the form.
Download the Application Form (24k PDF)
(Requires Adobe Reader)
News and Events
Featured Job - Philips are currently seeking a Sales Representative to promote innovative and world-leading dental care products in a dynamic and inclusive environment – based in North Ryde for a 12 month maternity leave contract.
Visit the employment page at: http://www.nswdaa.asn.au/careers/employmentdb/...
Introduction to Dental Assisting - short course - Are you interested in a career in dental assisting but have no experience?
We are offering a short 3 week intensive course aimed at new entrants to dental assisting. This course will provide the basic knowledge and skills for a person who would like to enter the dental assisting workforce. Expressions of interest for mid year course are now open ...
The Manual of Dental Assisting 4th Edition - The Manual of Dental Assisting, 4th Edition, is a reference catering for all aspects of dental assisting. It supports, and is aligned to, important Australian government standards. Order your copy now. Full details, visit here....
Working overseas - Dental Nurses - Are you planning to have a working holiday in exciting London?...
Workplace Health & Safety in the Dental Setting - The NSW DAA conducts a half day training session addressing the new WHS requirements in Dental Settings and provides a comprehensive handbook to surgeries requiring assistance in formatting policies and "getting started". An online health and safety guide is now also available....
Quick Online Poll
Have you or anyone in your practice experienced a sharps injury?